Act 3. Scene 1 & 2
Homework: Finish reading Act 3. Scene 2. Answer these questions in your journal (STAMP):
1. What is the extended metaphor comparing (near the beginning)?
2. What is LM’s advice to MacB about his dreams? Can Macbeth take Lady Macbeth’s advice?
4. What’s going on with the Macbeth’s relationship? Who is in control and how do you know?5. What symbol is repeated multiple times near the end? Every time this symbol is discussed, what is about to happen?
Act 3. Scene 2 finsih
Homework: Pre-read Act 3. Scene 3 & 4
Act 3. Scene 3 & 4
Homework: Preread Act 3. Scene 5 & 6
4th Period - Answer these questions about Act 3. Scene 4. (STAMP) (Yes, it is supposed to be 1, 2, 4 - from the powerpoint slide)
1. How would you set the stage? Draw the scene. Recall the painting we looked at before with power positions. It’s a banquet, so you’ll need a table.
2. How does Macbeth create the appearance of peace and harmony at the beginning of the scene?
4. What else is everyone at the table doing while Macbeth is talking to the murderers?
5th/6th Period - Answer in journal (Stamp): Seen or unseen? The director must choose whether or not to bring on a Ghost that the audience can see. What are the advantages and disadvantages of having an invisible ghost?
Both periods - bring a Writing Folder (STAMP)
Act 3. Scene 5 & 6. The quiz is now moved to Tuesday.
Homework: 4th Period - Finish fill out the Iambic Pentameter sheet with lines from Macbeth. If you have lost your Macbeth Packet containing the Iambic Pentameter line, find 10 lines to write in your journal. Then mark them for unstressed and stressed syllables. Stamp Monday.